ABB Optical Group Announces Latest Operational Updates and Introduces Customer Resources for COVID-19 Response
Coral Springs, Fla. (March 18, 2020) – As part of ABB Optical Group's (ABB) efforts to assist eye care professionals (ECPs) during the continued escalation of the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the company has launched various resources and initiatives to support ECPs nationwide.
Today, ABB announced that it continues to maintain full distribution center, call center and lab operations, and continues to implement actions to protect the health and safety of employees and customers.
“Our role serving our customers, their patients and the eye care industry during this time is a critical one. We continue to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 situation on our business operations and how this health threat is affecting eye care professionals," said ABB Optical Group Chief Executive Officer Tom Burke. “Now is the time to be supportive, creative and solution-oriented. That’s where we are focused. There is no doubt we need each other right now and that we are better together."
ABB has introduced the following resources and initiatives, at no cost to customers, to support ECPs during this difficult time:
- In collaboration with ABB Optical Group's manufacturer counterparts, the company will offer customers free shipping on a two-box minimum quantity of soft contact lens ship-to-patient orders. Products will ship directly from ABB to patients' doors, on behalf of the ECP they trust. Customers can reach out to their account manager or customer success representative for a full listing of participating products.
- To support customers in this opportunity, ABB is offering a free, comprehensive patient outreach toolkit designed for eye care practices to connect with patients and inform them of direct doctor-to-patient shipping options, a service provided by ABB Optical Group. ECPs can download the toolkit, which contains social engagement posts, e-mail communications, SMS messages, office signage and more informing patients that, without even coming into the office, they can place their contact lens orders through their eye care practice and receive their shipment at home. To learn more how to best utilize the various resources and assistance with implementation of the program, customers can reach out to their account manager.
- The ABB Virtual Trade Show, taking place March 23-27, will feature daily webinars at no cost to ECPs, hosted by subject matter experts and industry leaders. Each online webinar will focus on products, services and solutions intended to help ECPs optimize their business and better serve their patients, both now and in the future. The Virtual Trade show also features limited-time product specials and offers. For more information and to register, visit abboptical.com/virtualtradeshow
- ABB Optical Group is now offering ABB Analyze Lite, powered by Glimpse, at no cost. ABB Analyze Lite, an access point to the practice performance dashboard world, will be important to help ECPs analyze the impact the COVID-19 situation has on their practice, according to the company. The program also features a mobile app, providing access from any mobile device. ECPs can sign up for ABB Analyze Lite by visiting glimpselive.com/sign-up.php.
- Beginning April 1, a contact lens cleaning safety insert will be included in all direct-to-patient orders placed through ABB Optical Group. The insert provides patients with guidelines on how to properly clean contact lenses, keep them comfortable for all-day wear and reduce the risk of eye infection. This is a free service for ABB Optical Group customers, with messaging informing patients this is from their eyecare practice, which reinforces to patients how their eye care professional cares about their overall health and safety.
For more information on ABB Optical Group's resources for customers, call 800.852.8089, or visit ABBOptical.com.
About ABB Optical Group
ABB Optical Group is a leading provider of optical products, services and business solutions in the eye care industry. ABB operates through three business pillars: ABB Contact Lens, ABB Labs and ABB Business Solutions. ABB is focused on the future of eye care professionals, helping them succeed by making practices more efficient and assisting providers to effectively navigate market changes. Visit abboptical.com for more information.
Cristina Pasquino, 561-271-7240 firstname.lastname@example.org