In keeping with ABB OPTICAL GROUP's commitment to making a positive impact on the communities in which it has a presence, ABB Cares is a signature annual grants program that supports non-profit organizations nominated by eye care professionals nationwide. Since the launch of the program in 2014, more than $65,000 has been awarded to charities across the country.
Now in its sixth year, ABB Cares highlights outstanding not-for-profit organizations throughout the country that have improved the quality of life in their local communities.
We encourage all eye care professionals, including optometrists, opticians and office staff, to nominate an organization near and dear to your community that you believe has made a positive impact and deserves recognition!
Seven organizations will be selected as recipients of an ABB Cares grant. ABB OPTICAL GROUP will award:
- One Platinum grant of $5,000
- Two Gold grants of $2,500 each
- Four Silver grants of $1,000 each
Nominated organizations do not need to focus on eye health to qualify. To be considered as a grant recipient, all candidates must comply with the following:
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3) organization and must be able to prove this status.
- The organization's local office must be located within 30 miles of the nominating practice's primary location.
- The organization must be located in the United States.
- Applications will be available starting Thursday, August 1, 2019 and must be completed and submitted online at www.abboptical.com/ABBCares.
- Deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, August 31, 2019.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Only one nomination per practice.
- Charitable organizations that have received an ABB Cares grant in the past are not eligible for the 2019 program.
- The charity may not be directly or indirectly controlled by the nominating entity or any of its eye care professionals, opticians or office staff. Exception: eye care professionals, opticians and office staff can serve as members of the organization's board of directors.
A committee comprised of ABB OPTICAL GROUP representatives will select the grant recipients based on the specified criteria and nomination application. ABB OPTICAL GROUP will notify grant recipients and their respective ECP nominators by phone no later than Friday, October 18. ABB reserves the right to modify the timeline as needed.
Photos and press releases will be sent to local media outlets to generate publicity for the charity and eye care professional. Recipients also will be announced on the ABB OPTICAL GROUP website and will be featured in ABB OPTICAL's Profit Advisor magazine.
Once the recipients have been notified, ABB OPTICAL GROUP will schedule a photography session with representatives from the charity and the eye care practice. After the photo has been taken, a press release will be e-mailed to the charity and the contact person listed on the application for the eye care practice. Both parties will have five business days to review the press release and request edits. If edits are not received within five business days, the photo and press release will be distributed to local media.
For more information, please contact ABBCares@abboptical.com.